Frequently asked questions about the Setera OneCloud Softphone desktop application.
If you want to know how to install the Softphone application, see the instructions here:
If you are unable to log in to the Softphone application, you can view troubleshooting tips here:
You can also check out the tutorial video from here:
Topics in video
- Select Outbound Caller ID
- Changing Presence State + adding personal note
- Answering inbound call
- Launching externall app - number enquiry search for incoming call
- Blind transfer for the call
- Joining in Group Numbers
- Sending SMS - for internal and external users
- Reporting view - add on service for Sofphone
- Group Number log
- Group Number management and statistics
NOTE Some features shown in the video requires activation of add-on features or services that may not be available to you, depending your current subscription. If you are interested in any of the features shown in the video, please contact your Setera contact person or Customer Service +358201500800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1. I have forgotten my password, how can I log in?
- 2. How do I change a user who is logged in to the app?
- 3. How do I choose the number that will be shown for outbound calls?
- 4. How do I select Presence State?
- 5. How do I change the audio source where the sound comes from when I talk on the Softphone?
- 6. How do I change the ringtone?
- 7. Which Headset models are recommended for use with Setera Softhone?
- 8. How do I add my own personal contact?
1. I have forgotten my password, how can I log in?
You can create a new password for yourself here: https://onecloud.setera.com/forgot-pwd
enter your username in the field and you will receive an email with a Token to create a new password. If you do not know your username or the email does not reach you, please contact Setera Customer Service on +358201500800 or email@example.com
2. How do I change a user who is logged in to the app?
Tools -> Options -> Logout-> Sign back in with a new user ID
3. How do I choose the number that will be shown for outbound calls?
You can select the number from the Caller ID menu
The numbers available depend on your organization's settings and the membership of the user group numbers
4. How do I select Presence State?
You can select a state by clicking on the current presence state
You can choose one of the existing shortcuts with automatic duration, or create your own from the "Edit shortcuts" section
You can also create a 1) Custom activity, for example if you want to stay on Vacation for 4 weeks, and set an automatic end date and time for presence state.
You can also set a 2) Future Presence, or make a recurring event from the menu "Future Presence" menu
Create a new event using the + sign, give the event a name and time, select the desired Presence State for the event and duration and press save, and if it will recur, for example every week or month at the same time, select the recurrence from the Repeat dropdown menu.
5. How do I change the audio source where the sound comes from when I talk on the Softphone?
Tools -> Options -> Audio
You can choose your own settings for the Speaker and Headset profiles, for example, in Headset mode the sound comes from your headset, in Speaker mode the sound comes from your computer speakers.
You can easily change the profile from the bottom left corner of Softphone, by clicking on the profile icon
6. How do I change the ringtone?
Tools -> Options -> Audio -> Ringtone menu at the bottom -> Choose
Select a ringtone in .wav format from your computer
7. Which Headset models are recommended for use with Setera Softhone?
Check recommended models from here: What Headsets are supported with OneCloud Softphone?
8. How do I add my own personal contact?
Tools -> Add Contact
Choose contact type
- Favourite = The contact appears in your favourites list with your colleagues
- Contact = Contact is hidden, but appears when searching and in the incoming call shows the contact's name
Enter the contact's first name + surname and other details if you wish
Add a number, in case of a mobile phone number select Mobile phone as type and enter the number with the country code and press OK
When you want to call or send an SMS message to a contact, you can search for the contact in the search field
- To call a contact, press the handset picture on the right-hand side of the screen
- To send an SMS message, press the SMS icon on the right-hand side of the screen
- To edit the contact's details, click the down arrow next to the contact
- To add a contact as a favourite in the contact list displayed, click on the star
- To edit contact, click on the pen icon
- To delete a contact, click on the trash icon